The Johnson Family

The Johnson Family
Billy, Bobby, Arthur, Bart, Margaret, Ethel, and WB Christmas Day in 1939

Thursday, April 10, 2014


April 10, 2014

Welcome Family! 

I have been “doing” Genealogy since 1980 off and on when I have time.  I feel it is important that I share what I have discovered and I want to recruit all of you to contribute to our Family Tree.  I like the names and dates, that information is the bones, but really what makes our family interesting is the stories, the pictures and the history.  I want to collect as much as I can and put it in a format that can be distributed to anyone who wants it, to share it and pass it down to our children and grandchildren.  I have been scanning old photos, collecting facts and listening to stories and now think a blog would be a good way to start sharing this information.  With this blog I can post the information I know researched or heard, you all can comment and contribute and I will capture it all and put it onto a disk, book, flash drive, etc., anything and give it to anyone that would like it.  I don’t know everything, far from it.  My family unit, “Bill, Marge, Tricia and Mary Liz”, moved every 3 years and were the “Gypsies” of the family.  I missed out on all the family gatherings and knowing my cousins and hearing the old family stories.  Please help me add to my collection or obsession.  Please feel free to comment, correct or change anything I post.  I welcome everything.  Add your email so you get my Blog when new items are posted and please feel free to comment.  Thank you so much for reading this and participating in this family adventure.  Spread the word about this blog and invite everyone to participate.  I look forward to communicating with each of you.

Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment