The Johnson Family

The Johnson Family
Billy, Bobby, Arthur, Bart, Margaret, Ethel, and WB Christmas Day in 1939

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Reading Terminal Market Nov 1931
Arthur H Bonsor and Brothers Stall

This film is part of a collection I borrowed from a wonderful cousin.  I have transferred it to a digital format so we all can enjoy it.

This was filmed in Nov 1931 at the Arthur H Bonsor Stall at the Reading Terminal Market.  It was a Food Show celebration and the market was busy.  Arthur was have a great time parading around the booth, passing out balloons to the children, helping distribute samples and keeping product moving.  You can catch a glimpse of Margaret Bonsor passing through the crowd.  Little Margaret Johnson is helping out by passing out samples of cottage cheese and Bart Johnson is helping his grandfather stack cartons of eggs.  I think I see some of Arthur's brothers, Herb and Al Bonsor.  Other people mentioned on the film notes are Elsie, Catherine Bonsor, Mrs. Fallon, Wertnz and Chris.  Please let me know if you know any of these people or recognize anyone in this film.  I would love to know more about this event. I find these films so interesting, seeing the past in "live action".  Enjoy and please send me feedback when you get a chance.

PS. If you have an technical difficulties please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment